Christian Conservatives have a short memory.

I get probably 15 emails a day telling me why I should vote for McCain and if I don't I'm not voting my "Christian Values".

Apparently my Christian friends have a short memory. Here's a quote from McCain during the 2000 campaign where he lost the Republican nomination to Bush.

"Neither party should be defined by pandering to the outer reaches of American politics and the agents of intolerance, whether they be Louis Farrakhan or Al Sharpton on the left, or Pat Robertson or Jerry Falwell on the right."

Here's the link to the source.

Now, personally, I'm no supporter of Sharpton, Robertson, or Falwell. But read that carefully. He's calling all these fellows "the outer reaches of American politics" and "agents of intolerance". Read the whole speech at the link and you'll see that it's not just these guys, but their followers. He also mentions names like Chuck Colson and James Dobson in that mix.

Christians (and other religious folk) = Agents of intolerance.

In spite of Pat Robertson's endorsement this time around (which makes my skin crawl - when did Pat Robertson become a voice that mattered again? I thought we got rid of him in the '80s), if you are following his campaign seriously you can see that his opinion hasn't changed much.

Go read the speech for yourselves. Check his stand this time around. Instead of assuming that McCain is the only option for your Christian Values, check both sides.