Seriously? I mean... Seriously?

I am a Republican. At least that's what it says on my voter registration. In many issues, the Republican party most closely represents my values. However, the Rebublican party, as it evolved under President Bush, became something that I am embarrassed to be associated with. However, at it's core, the Republican party still best represents my values.

I found it hard to support McCain, however. Very hard. Previous blog posts will show that, so I'm not going to rehash all that here. But friends of mine were feirce McCain supporters.

Now that Obama is elected, they are seriously freaking out. "It's the end of the world!" "Buy bullets and drinking water!" "Grab your Bible and hide in the mountains - Christ is coming soon!"

Seriously? I mean, really? Did anyone have this reaction when Clinton was elected?

Yes, the world is a scary place right now, but the President by himself is not going to make any immediate difference. He's not going to declare nuclear war, he's not going hand the country over to terrorists, and he's certainly not going to declare himself Messiah and insist to be worshiped.

Can we give the poor guy a chance? Seriously?