Hello

Yes, I'm still out here. It's been about 10 days since my last post and almost 20 days since I wrote anything. I'm going to try to write something every week. The thing is that this time year there's really nothing going on. Christmas is over, winter is settling in hard, there's nowhere to go and nothing to do.

How is your new year treating you so far? Given up on your resolutions yet? Celebrating the first of the year as a holiday is a great thing. It give you a chance to put the past behind you and look forward to what's ahead. It's a time of renewal. I'm not big on resolutions, I always think that if you are going to do something, you should just do it, you don't need a new year to make you do it. But if it works for you, then good.

I have been busy helping people that come to one of my other blogs, the one dedicated to the Samsung SC-MX20 digital video camera. My lovely wife got me this camera as an early father's day gift when we had some extra money at tax time last year. The camera doesn't make the things you record in widescreen look widescreen, so I built a little converter program and the blog to help people find it. Every once in a while I write a little blurb about how to use the camera to get some great video. It's fun.

Most of you that read this blog know that I keep another blog devoted to my kids and all the family happenings. That one is called The Chaos that is our Life. I used to write a lot more on that one, but it's become more a photo site. I should write more there too, but, again, there's just not much to talk about right now.

I've decided to devote Saturdays to blogging and forums. I'm hoping that by having a day, I will think more about what to write and at the end of the week I'll have something to actually write about. I am really only active on one forum: Treks In Sci-Fi. There's a couple of others that I check in on now and then, but there's not much going on there. I've tried to become part of the online communities on several forums, but I just can't seem to get involved in a way that really works for me. Treks in Sci-Fi is different. It's not really so much community as it is a bunch of geeks geeking out about geeky things.

I'm rambling. Am I rambling? I am. I've always thought of blogging like jazz. You just kind of le the music take where it will, or when it comes to blogging, the words. Sometimes the song is good, other times it just falls flat. Maybe this one is falling flat. But at least I'm playing.

Speaking of playing. I've been trying to find the motivation to dig my guitar out and brush up my rusty skills. Well, actually, I'm not sure I have many skills left, it's been a long time, so maybe it's more like starting over. I got this book that teaches you the basics. Maybe it's a little too basic for me because I'm bored with it. Maybe someone out there knows a good website with some easy songs.

I've rambled enough. Talk to you next week.