I like: Refrigerator Biscuit Donuts

These are really super easy to make, and are probably really super bad for you, but oh OH so yummy.

I don't know where the idea came from, my Mom can probably tell you, but we used to make these all the time when I was a kid and we have happily carried on the tradition with my kids.

The recipe is simple, turn on your deep fryer to about 400 degrees or if you don't have a deep fryer use a pot and shortening on about medium high until it's super hot.

Take a package of refrigerator biscuits (the kind that "pop" open when you pull the wrapper off) and separate them. Poke your finger through the middle to make holes and stretch them a bit (make sure your hands are clean!) Then drop them into your fryer. After about 15-20 seconds, when they are golden brown on one side, flip them. Another 15-20 seconds and then take them out. Place them on a paper towel to drain. When cool enough to handle, top them however you like. We like sugar and frosting. Sometimes we use cinnamon and sugar.

Then SCARF them!!

Being basically fried dough and sugar, they certainly aren't a treat you want to have all the time, but we do it once every other month or so, just for fun. And since they are fun, I'm not even going to speculate on healthy options. I guess using whole wheat biscuits and olive oil for frying might be a little healthier, but where is the fun in that?  

Do you have any family fun food traditions that you share with your kids from your childhood? I'd love to hear them.