Things that aren't keeping me up at night.

I've been doing this blog for a while. Lately the posts have been rare and sporadic. I'd apologize to my 3 followers, but I really don't think it matters much to you.

I subtitled this blog "Things that keep me up at night". I haven't posted much because, honestly, I've been sleeping really well at night. Figuratively and literally.

I used to get really angry at things. If you look back over my 241 posts, especially the earliest ones, I ranted and fumed and fussed over politics and church things and so on.

Those of you who know me know that only a few months after starting this blog, I got sick. I guess maybe those early posts were me being angry at the world, at God, at the Universe for my condition.

Now it's almost 5 years later. Has it really been that long? My condition continues, slowly, to deteriorate. I've been having more bad days than good lately.

That being said, I think what has happened over the course of these years is I've learned not to care so much. That is to say, I've learned not to care so strongly about things that are not directly related to the daily maintenance of my being, the housing and feeding of my kids, and the general well-being of my marriage.

Things like politics, religion, taxes and so on.... just really not worth my time anymore. I do still care enough about politics to vote, enough about religion to practice my faith, enough about taxes to file on time... but as far as fighting about it, writing about it, arguing about it... I just don't care. I've got better things to spend my energy on.

I do still enjoy writing something now and then, which is why this blog hasn't completely died. But I'm thinking that what I will post going forward will be much more sunshiney and rainbowy than what I've posted before.