Cautiously Stepping Into The Blog Pool Again

I am hesitant to write anything. The last few times I wrote on a topic, expressing my opinion, I had a gaggle of people just waiting to tell me how wrong I am. I hate that. No, I don't expect people to agree with everything I say. In fact, I don't expect any one person to agree with every single thing that's in my brain. Not even my wife. But when someone responds to a blog post with the sole purpose of militantly pushing their point of view and not discussing what is written, that just makes me crazy. If you want to talk, lets talk. If you just want to tell me I'm wrong, I don't care. Actually, let me rephrase that. I don't care if you think I'm wrong. I do care if I am wrong, but I don't need you to use your point of view to demonstrate that wrongness, especially when that are 10 others with 10 other points of view who are also trying to do the same thing.

If you look over the posts in this blog, you will see that my thoughts and opinions are constantly evolving. I could keep this private and not share it with anyone, but that's not the purpose of writing this in the first place. In the beginning I had some amazing conversations, people who really wanted to just talk and not tell me I was wrong. That was awesome, and led to the evolution of my opinions that I spoke of.

So here I go. Stepping back in to the blog pool. Because I think I have something important to say? No. Not really. All I have is the random stuff that is in my brain. I don't claim to possess "the answers" or "the right thing" about anything. In fact, I am wrong a lot. A lot a lot. But what I write here is just a glimpse, a snapshot of things that are in my head. And many times I will contradict myself, saying one thing at one time, the exact opposite at another. And you know what? That's ok. I'm not writing an encyclopedia, I'm just sharing pieces of my brain.

If you want to talk about something I write, either here in the comments or when it cross posts to facebook, please do so publicly. I won't respond to private messages anymore. I'm all for discussion and friendly debate, but I don't have the wherewithall to participate in a thoughtful way anymore. Keeping comments public will encourage public discussion. Okey dokey?

Ok. rant over. carry on.