Time for a good long rant.

Hi! I haven't been here in a long long time. I've been spending a lot of long hours working on videos for my church. It's been a great amount of fun and I've learned a great deal about being able to do some fantastic things with free video editing tools. I hope the process goes on for a while. I want to expand and start doing some special effect type things, but free tools are limited so we'll see how it goes. How have things been with you, dear reader? I know there's only like 5 or so of you that actually read this, so I feel I owe you for being absent for so long. But then again, did you really miss my rantings and ravings? This blog used to be devoted to one topic per post and I'd really put some work into each post, but like anything I get into, I got bored and just couldn't muster the interest to continue blogging that way. I have been like that my whole life. Maybe it's some kind of ADD, maybe it's some kind of thing that just compels me to go from one thing to the other ("Well, I've got blogging down, maybe I'll try skydiving, then nude aerobics...") I used to do that with jobs too, growing bored with one and leaving for the next thing. Used to drive my wife crazy. I still do that now. I haven't worked in some years due to my chronic health issues, but I still try to find things that I can do to keep my brain active and keep growing in some intellectual manner. And I play a lot of video games. Probably too much, but I find them very challenging (some anyway, that encourage strategy and planning). But even then I get bored and move on to the next one. I find myself in a rut lately. Instead of doing something "real" I've been using Minecraft as my current hobby. If you haven't played it, you'll either find it very childish and pointless or you'll find it very addictive and an outlet for creativity. in some ways it's like a virtual Lego world. You can collect "block" and build with them. You can also do some rudimentary "special effects" using materials. In "survival" mode there are monsters to battle and achievements to conquer. I prefer building, though. I'm building a skyscraper that will eventually be a chamber of horrors for the monsters that will spawn there. Is that weird? Maybe. But it's a good distraction from the pain while doing something that I feel is creative. Anyway, what do you do to keep your mind active? Some days for me it's a real challenge. On my worst days everything is fuzzy and disconnected and it's all I can do to remember to just go to the bathroom. Fortunately those days are few. What else is going on? Well, not a whole lot I guess. My kids have been home for the summer for quite a few weeks now and that's pretty stressful. They are off to camp this week, most of them, so hopefully things will be much quieter. And cleaner. My youngest "middle" child got to go to Disneyland with her girl scout troop. That was pretty exciting, and kind of hard on her mom since it was the first time she'd been away from home for more than a night without some member of the family - and it was a long way away. But there were no problems and she had a great time and her leader got some great pictures.